Monday, October 31, 2011

Long time no see

Well it has been almost a month since I made a post. We are in the middle of the kitchen project, which hopefully will be coming to an end before Thanksgiving (that's pushing it a little) but definitely before Christmas!

We figured out how to do this kitchen on a budget... like, major budget.

First, we had to figure out the kitchen layout, which involved moving the fridge and the stove around.

New stove location (featuring my new DOUBLE OVEN).


I will be adding open shelving to this wall over the oven as well, kind of like this (My kitchen will be all white too! Love Love Love)

New fridge location.


These changes made for a lot of extra space in the room. You can kind of see the begining of the custom crown molding going on top of the cabinets woo!

The next task was deciding what to do with our old, pretty much useless cabinets. We didn't want to go the brand new custom cabinets route because its pretty pricey (like, 10,000 pricey). We had considered just doing new cabinet doors for an update, but then the brilliant idea came to us: Buy unfinished stock cabinets at Home Depot, add a bunch of custom wood work to them, paint them an awesome color, and yay! Brand new cabinets for about $900. Pretty ridiculous right?

Here are some pretty awesome pictures I have been collecting on my pintrest.
Love those taupe metallic lights and the open shelving that matches. Beautiful!

I love this for a stairway wall, or an entry way like this one if its big enough (mines not).

I love these patterns and colors.

I'll be posting more pics and progress on the kitchen soon I hope! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment